Home Health Care
Companionship & Driving
- Engaging in activities meaningful to client; reading, games, crafts, playing cards, etc.
- Strolls, Outings and Drives.
- Escort and drive to appointments and events.
- VIP Grid “Social Transportation” for Veterans
- General Cleaning, Vacuuming, Dusting,
- Washing floors, dishes, & windows
- Laundry, Ironing, Changing beds
- defrosting refrigerators/freezers, cleaning ranges, cleaning china cabinets
- caring for house plants, pets, taking out garbage
- oversee home deliveries and home maintenance activities
- VIP Grid Housekeeping for Veterans
- Raking yard, lawn mowing
- Clearing pathways, side-walks and driveways
- Hedge trimming, weeding
- Snow removal
- VIP Grid Benefits for Veterans
For families that are unable to perform minor repairs, move light furniture, or make small adjustments, this is the perfect solution! From installing hand held showers, grab bars, we handle these minor but necessary tasks.
RN (Registered Nurses)
Our RN’s performs the initial assessment of the client
• Provide all of the duties of the LPN above
• Formulate the diagnosis and create a Nursing Care Plan
• Initiates the nursing actions to provide care & coordinates care services for clients
• Counsels clients and develops professional relationships with clients and others
• Can Pronounce expected deaths
• Provide disease prevention and health promotion services (e.g., blood glucose screening and Flu Shots)
• Collect a blood sample or fecal sample from a client
• Perform Ear Syringing
Foot Care Nurses
A Certified Foot Care Nurse provides service to support disabled, frail or elderly adults, persons with an increased risk for foot complications such as poor circulation, peripheral neuropathy, decrease in loss of circulation, history of foot ulcers, and immunosuppression from chronic disease or medications.
Assessments, education, basic foot care and referrals if necessary are provided. The purpose to having your feet done by a certified foot care nurse is to provide safe and effective treatment to decrease foot problems and enhance your comfort and mobility.
Keep your feet healthy – call for appointment with our certified foot care nurse.
LPN (Licenced Practical Nurses)
Our LPN’s can:
• Give medications including injectable medications
• Provide wound care after surgery, or special dressings in collaboration with RN
• Provide education to families and clients on many nutritional and health matters
• Take and monitor vital signs (Pulse, Respirations, Temperature and Blood Pressure)
• Perform a assessments and collect specimens
• Perform blood glucose testing, administer oral and injectable medications, and prefill syringes such as insulin or narcotics
• Provide basic personal xare such as bathing, grooming, dressing.
• Administer tube feedings, and administer over the counter medications
• Apply compression stockings and provide cast care, and care of pin sites
• Perform urinary catheterization and Urinary catheter irrigation as well as change established supra pubic catheter
• Apply constipation protocol and provide routine bowel care – excluding rectal disimpaction
• Perform Ostomy care including appliance change and maintenance
"For the five weeks we used Advanced Home Care Solutions while Mom was in-hospital, she was treated with professional, first class care services from Kris and her team. They provided knowledgeable and caring service on a personal level, which never felt clinical or impersonal. We had previously used two other local private care providers for both my mother and father, but in my personal opinion, Advanced Home Care was clearly superior."
Scott S., Ontario
Professional Geriatric Care Management is a holistic, client-centred approach to caring for older adults or others facing ongoing health challenges.
Working with families, geriatric care manager expertise provides the answers at a time of uncertainty.
Their guidance leads families to the actions and decisions that ensure quality care and an optimal life for those they love,thus reducing worry, stress and time off of work for family caregivers through:
• Regular nursing visits and monitoring health conditions
• Planning and problem-solving
• Education and advocacy
• Family caregiver coaching
• help clients navigate the health care system for maximum efficiency, and reduced stress
• Arranges and attends appointments
• Review and coordinates complex treatment plans
• Provides clear explanations of medical terminology and prescription drugs
• Liaises with the family doctor, specialists, health authority, or palliative care as needed.
Geriatric Care Managers
are engaged to assist in a variety of areas, such as:
Helping families evaluate and select appropriate level of housing or residential options
Attending doctor appointments, facilitating communication between doctor, client, and family and if appropriate, monitoring client's adherence to medical orders and instructions
Keeping family members and professionals informed as to the well-being and changing needs of the client
Providing opportunity for the client to engage in social, recreational, or cultural activities that enrich the quality of life
Referring to or consulting with elder law attorney, providing expert opinion for courts in determining level of care
May include reviewing or overseeing bill paying or consulting with accountant or client's Power of Attorney
Geriatric Care Management
For those mildly frail clients who are fairly independent and won't need our personal care services just yet, but they and their families need reassurance and peace of mind...someone to turn to for reassurance or urgent health concerns.
"We bring the care to you!" For frail loved ones, with complex medical problems, who want to age in place at home at all costs, we bring all care to your loved ones bedside. Our Professional Geriatric Care Manager visits regularly, to assess your loved one and ensure our caregivers are providing the very best care possible.
For those clients whose primary caregivers are family members, who now need a 'breather' or respite, or simply do not have time to manage mom or dads life maintenance needs. Having the full-time responsibility of making decisions and caring for a frail or dependent person, can be exhausting and overwhelming. We provide nursing oversight and act as an extension of 'you' when you are not able to be there.
For those clients who have cognitive decline and need help making everyday decisions, oversight of hygiene, nutrition, shopping, bill payments and banking, whose families are concerned about the clients increasing inability to manage on their own
For clients about to be discharged home from hospital or short stay units, we step in to ensure all of your at-home care needs are managed. We meet with the discharge planner and ensure we understand what your health needs are. We work independently or alongside of health authorities to ensure all of your care needs are met and your home is ready for you, upon your arrival home. Our Care Manager visits to ensure your recovery is going well.
Elder Well ™
For loved ones who are ageing gracefully in place but becoming more frail, we pay special attention to their changing needs. We will perform a monthly nursing assessments to ensure that your loved one is doing well and we will focus on nutritional needs, respiratory health, and physiological functions.